Last updated: May 15, 2018
It is ACGC’s utmost concern to constantly improve its services in order to best meet the needs of its audience and customers. To this end, ACGC may collect and store certain information, including personal data of people like you. ACGC takes the protection of your personal data very seriously in all of its business processes. This Data Protection Statement is meant to help you understand how data is collected, processed and stored to meet legal requirements and ACGC’s data protection standards.
By providing personal data to ACGC, you agree to be legally bound by and explicitly consent to this Data Protection Statement, as it may be amended from time to time. If you do not agree to this Data Protection Statement or cannot form a legally binding contract, ACGC would not be able to process your personal data.
1. Scope of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement applies to all services offered by ACGC.
This Data Protection Statement does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals. This Data Protection Statement does not cover the information practices of other companies and organizations who advertise ACGC’s services or other digital assets that may contain a link.
2. Data collected and method of collection
2.1 In general
ACGC collects general and personal data concerning you from:
- You when you provide your details to ACGC;
- Participants at ACGC’s meetings and events;
- Users of ACGC’s websites; and third parties (such as online service provider or single sign on authority).
Following the reception of the data, an electronic profile is created in ACGC’s database for each person or entity (the “Contact Profile”).
The Contact Profile may contain but is not limited to:
- date of birth;
- phone numbers;
- email addresses;
- organization or company of employment and/or job title;
- field of activity and/or interest;
- credit card references/numbers;
- accommodation preferences;
- other communicated preferences;
2.2 Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the website,
- to provide analytics,
- to store your preferences ad personalize the content,
- to improve the user experience
- to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising
- to share on social networks
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Third-party cookies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
- For Internet Explorer™ : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265For Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- For Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some features of the ACGC website may not work properly, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
3. Purpose of data collection
ACGC uses the data collected to provide, maintain, protect and improve the overall quality of its services. Data collection is also meant to protect ACGC and its users. ACGC does not collect more data than is necessary to fulfill such purposes.
In addition to creating Contact Profiles, ACGC uses your data for the following purposes and for which you give your consent:
New products and services: With the goal of improving services and based on the data given to ACGC, ACGC may send you additional information related to your current or future event(s) and/or trip(s). An example might be a list of restaurants near a specific hotel in the destination city or parking facilities at the departure airport.
Promotion and marketing: ACGC may use your data to personalize your experience on the ACGC website by presenting advertisements that are more relevant to you, to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our services, case studies, thought leadership or whitepapers, blog updates, etc. For example, ACGC may use third party service providers to present services and offers tailored to the preferences and interests demonstrated by your online activity over time. ACGC may use your data for promotion and marketing purposes for ACGC. ACGC may use the data to analyze trends in order to propose other services to its clients, such as new events or other services.
Technical data: ACGC, or third parties instructed by ACGC, evaluate this data purely for statistical purposes and only in an anonymized form, in order to optimize ACGC’s website and increase user-friendliness, efficiency and safety. ACGC may in particular use technical data to measure the success of ACGC marketing campaigns, compile statistics about ACGC website usage and response rates, and use aggregated personal data calculate the percentage of ACGC users who have a particular telephone area code.
Other purposes: ACGC may use your data as ACGC believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce ACGC’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect ACGC’s operations; (f) to protect ACGC’s rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow ACGC to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that ACGC may sustain.
ACGC will ask your consent before using data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Statement subject to mandatory laws.
4. Duration of storage
General and personal data will be kept by ACGC only as long as reasonably necessary taking into consideration its need to answer queries or resolve problems, to provide improved and new services and to comply with legal requirements. ACGC will retain general and personal data during a maximum period of five years if no specific legal requirement. You may cancel/delete your ACGC account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Location of storage and controller of data base
The Contact Profiles that ACGC maintains are stored in a cloud-based central database.
6. Your duties
You must ensure that the data you provide us with are:
- truthful; and
- compliant with any applicable laws.
In particular, since ACGC will mainly use email communications with you, you are required to notify us of any modification of your email address. Alternatively, you can directly update your Contact Profile.
7. Transfer and communication of data
You hereby agree and give your consent to ACGC to transfer and communicate your data as follows:
- Transfer to third-parties: ACGC works with certain third parties to obtain support services in connection with meetings and events services and/or other services, such as emergency online booking services, hotel booking services, ground transportation requirements or airline ticket issuance, badge provider and, in some cases, personal data will be shared with these third parties in order to pursue ACGC’s mission and goals. ACGC may also transfer personal data to third parties at the request of its Clients. For example, for data consolidation or emergency tracking services. ACGC may transfer your data to third parties for promotion and marketing purposes as outlined under above. ACGC may also transfer your data to a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of ACGC business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Prior to a transfer, third-parties (except for travel suppliers and authorized transfers such as within the EU) are required to sign a data transfer agreement with ACGC that requires them to follow the applicable data protection laws.
- Regulatory transfers: ACGC may be required by law to transfer data to governments and regulatory and/or supervisory authorities.
8. Security and organizational measures
To ensure the safety of your data on ACGC’s website and systems, ACGC has implemented appropriate technical, contractual, administrative, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, unauthorized access, accidental or unlawful disclosure and manipulation. These measures are subject to continuous development in accordance with technological progress and are periodically reviewed to comply with all applicable privacy laws. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal data and therefore cannot assume any liability in this respect.
Only authorized ACGC staff, third party companies’ (i.e. service providers) staff or our ACGC’s authorized staff (who have contractually agreed to keep all information secure) have access to your personal data. All ACGC staff who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the staff confidentiality regulations and all third-party employees who have access to your personal data have signed non-disclosure agreements. In addition, data transfer agreements are in place with third-party companies that have access to your personal data to make sure these data remain secure.
9. Your rights
In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to request access to, rectification of your Data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing, as well as the right to data portability to the extent applicable. Moreover, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to have your personal data that is stored by ACGC blocked and deleted, unless ACGC has to keep these data for legitimate business or legal purposes. For more information, you should contact email@example.com.
ACGC gives you many choices regarding ACGC’s use and disclosure of your personal data for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages from ACGC and request that we not share your personal data with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. ACGC will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, ACGC will not be able to remove your personal data from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which ACGC has already shared your personal data (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal data as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from ACGC, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
This Statement may be revised and updated by ACGC from time to time to comply with statutory data protection and privacy laws. ACGC will post any statement changes on its website and, if the changes are significant, ACGC will send a notice to the e-mail address provided in your Contact Profile.
If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.